The bulk User Import function allows location administrators and partners to import large amounts of users into the Business Voice portal. Once the users have been created they can be assigned extensions and application licenses.
This feature is available on both BV and BV+ locations.
How to Access the Bulk User Import function
- Login to the Business Voice Portal.
- Search and Select the desired location.
- Select User management on the Left Navigation Bar.
- The User management page is displayed.
- Click the IMPORT.CSV button.
- The Import users Pop-up is displayed.
① DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE - Downloads a csv template to be used for entering the user data.
② UPLOAD AND IMPORT - Starts the Import of the user data process.
③ IMPORT GUIDELINES - Displays the guidelines for enter user data in the csv file.
How to import use the Bulk User Import function.
- Click the ① DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE button.
- Open the CSV file and enter the user information.
- Reference the Import Guidelines section below for user data guidelines.
- Note: There are only 3 required fields:
- first name
- last name
Warning: each user must have a unique email address, otherwise records will be updated based on the last email address provided for that user.
- Click the ② UPLOAD AND IMPORT button.
- Select the CSV file with the user information.
- The system will validate the entries and display a pop-up with the validation results.
- If errors are indicated:
- Click the Download error file link.
- Review the errors.
- Correct the user data with the errors in the CSV file.
- Click the Cancel button.
- Repeat the Upload and Import step above.
- If no Errors exist, click the IMPORT ACCEPTED USERS button.
- A list of the imported users is displayed.
Click the ③ IMPORT GUIDELINES button to display the guidelines for user data entry.