What is Sangoma CX Click to Dial
- This Chrome Extension detects phone numbers on web pages and enables them as links so when clicked they will place a call via Sangoma CX Agent Panel.
- This extension only works with the Sangoma CX product.
- Before using the extension, please make sure that you login as an Agent on the Sangoma CX Agent Panel and log on to a queue that can make outbound calls.
- This extension will give an error message and won't work, if the Agent Panel or website with the phone numbers to call are opened in incognito mode.
- This extension can be installed in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers.
- This extension only works with WebRTC extensions.
- It can only dial USA and Canadian phone numbers.
- Make sure no other Click to Dial or Click to Call Chrome extensions are enabled on Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser. These extensions may conflict with each other resulting in unexpected behavior.
How to Install the Sangoma CX Click to Dial extension
To install Click to Dial Google Chrome Extension:
- Open your Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge Internet Browser and access the Chrome web store ( https://chrome.google.com/webstore ).
- In the search box type “Star2Star” and select the Sangoma CX Click to Dial.
- Do not select the Star2Star Click to Dial extension as that is Star2Star’s Standard click to dial extension and does not work with Sangoma CX.
- To install the extension just click on the Add to Chrome button. Note: If using a Microsoft Edge browser you will be required to allow extensions from other stores to add any extension from the Chrome Web Store. This option will be presented in a banner displayed at the top of the page that will require you to click Allow to confirm.
- Once the installation is complete the Click to Dial icon should be available on the Extensions toolbar located on the top right side of the browser.
If the Click to Dial icon is not visible, at the top right click Extensions . This will provide a list of extensions installed in the browser. Look for the Star2Star Click to Dial extension and click on the Pin . This action will change the Pin color to blue indicating Star2Star Click to Dial extension is now visible in the Chrome extension toolbar
How to Configure the Sangoma CX Click to Dial extension
Before you can use the the Click to Dial extension it needs to be configured:
- Configure the Tenant
- Configure the extension’s Access Permissions
How to set the Sangoma CX Tenant Address
- Open and log into the Sangoma CX Application.
- Select the Click to Dial icon
- In the Address field that appears
- Enter the Sangoma CX Tenant Address.
- This address is the set of characters between https:// and the next / on your Agent Panel URL.
This would be the Sangoma CX Tenant Address: productdemo.starcenter.star2star.com
How to Set the Click to Dial extension Access Permissions
- Right clicking on the Extension icon, a menu will be displayed
- From the menu, click on the “Manage extension” option.
Note: Some other setting of this extension can be configured
- Under Site Access it is possible to decide the extension behavior applying some restrictions:
- On click: the extension will be disabled for all sites, until the extension icon is clicked
- On specific sites: allows to detail the URLs this extension will be enabled
- On all sites: this is the default setting, making this extension work on all URLs
How to use
- Before using the extension, please make sure that you login as an Agent on the Sangoma CX Agent Panel, and log on to a queue that can make outbound calls. If you try using the extension without configuring the Tenant or when not logged in as an Agent you will get an error message.
- The extension will recognize phone numbers on web pages in the browser, and convert them to a clickable hyperlink and add the Click to Dial icon in front of the phone number. The phone numbers can be published on web pages in different formats with spaces, dashes or parentheses. The extension is able to verify it is a phone number, making the Sangoma CX Agent Panel dial the phone number once it is clicked. Example Below:
How to Uninstalling the Click to Dial extension:
Right click on the Click to Dial extension icon, select the option “Remove from Chrome” or “Remove from Edge” based on the browser used and click Remove.