While Star2Star does not provide support running StarScope® 2 on Linux systems, the following procedure has been proven to work:
- New install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32 bit default install
- Install all updates
- At http://microsoft.com download vcredist_x86.exe
- Download Star2Star StarScope® 2 Windows version at https://portal.star2star.com/downloads.html
- Go to the Ubuntu Software Installer and search for "wine" and subsequently install followed by "winetricks"
- Enter in terminal "winetricks vcrun6sp6" enter and when done run (from Downloads) folder wine vcredist_x86.exe and then wine Star2StarWinSetup_1.2.3.exe
- A dialogue box will appear stating that the computer cannot ping the server as wine does not have root permissions, click the box bottom left and continue.
- Use the defaults and eventually an icon will be installed on the desktop to start the Star2Star Application Framework / StarScope® 2.