Technical Note: Sangoma CX and Telegram Support
Setup your Telegram Channel with Telegram BotFather
Sangoma CX supports Telegram as a messaging channel. Follow the steps below to enable your Telegram inbox linked to a Telegram bot.
Sangoma CX Tier
This feature is part of the omnichannel capabilities which is only available in the Sangoma CX Premium Tier. You can review the tier enabled in your tenant by clicking the name associated with the logged user in the upper right corner on the Sangoma CX portal.
If you want to upgrade your current tier to enable this capability, please contact your Sangoma Partner or a Sangoma Sales Representative.
Creating a Telegram bot
The Telegram bot can be considered as the organization's Telegram contact that customers will interact with that will bridge bidirectionally with Sangoma CX Agents.
Creating a Telegram bot is very easy but requires having a SmartPhone with the Telegram Mobile App installed. Once the Telegram Mobile App is configured, you can create the Telegram bot by interacting with the SmartPhone App or by using the Telegram Desktop App installed in a computer but synchronized with the Telegram Mobile App
Steps to Create the Telegram bot
- Create a new telegram bot using Telegram BotFather and Click on Start.
- Type /newbot and press Enter or click on send icon.
- Type the Bot Name and press Enter or click on send icon.
- Type the Bot username and press Enter or click on send icon.
- Copy the token provided. This token is needed when configuring the Telegram Inbox in Sangoma CX.
Setting up the Telegram Inbox in Sangoma CX
- Login in the Sangoma CX portal with a user that has privileges to create inboxes and click in the menu: Contact Center > Management > Digital Channels > Inboxes. The following screen will be displayed.
- Click the “CREATE INBOX” button and select Telegram
- There is only one field to complete. Provide the Telegram bot token and click the “CREATE” button.
Telegram’s Inbox name and Inbox contact information will automatically display the Telegram’s bot username.
Additional Inbox settings
Your freshly configured Telegram inbox should now appear in your list of inboxes. The Name and Inbox Contact information columns will display the Telegram Bot Username.
The following changes can be done when editing this inbox:
- Under the General tab:
- Greeting Message: First message provided to the customer when initiating a conversation with this inbox.
- Under Agents tab:
- Allows to assign and unassign agents to the inbox. Alternatively Agents can be assigned or unassigned to queues and inboxes through the Agent editing screens.
Please note, editing the Inbox won’t allow changing the Telegram integration settings. If these need to change you will need to create a new Telegram Inbox.