What is Sangoma’s StarMessenger app?
StarMessenger is Sangoma’s SMS/MMS mobile application that allows users to communicate via text messages to other phone numbers of customers or business contacts.
Why do I need StarMessenger?
StarMessenger allows you to send and receive text messages using your business number. Even though you might be sending a message using your personal mobile device the app is using your assigned business phone number. Your customers will see the message coming from your business number instead of your personal number.
How does StarMessenger Work?
Users must download the desktop application onto their Windows or Apple PC via the Business Voice portal or download the mobile application onto their mobile device using the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. StarMessenger supports two-way texting, including attachments and hyperlinks, persistent message history, and leverages intuitive controls for managing message settings.
Which operating systems are supported?
Sangoma’s StarMessenger supports Windows, Mac, Apple (iOS), and Android.
Which devices are supported by the StarMessenger App?
Text Messaging can be used on both Windows and Apple PCs along with Mobile devices.
How do I get the Mobile app
- Android: Access Google Play and search for Star2Star Text Messaging.
- Apple: Access the App Store and search for Star2Star Text Messaging.
How do I get the Desktop app.
You can download the MAC or Windows Desktop apps by accessing Individual Phone Setting within Sangoma's Business Voice Portal.
How do I login to StarMessenger?
After downloading the application, you can login with your Business Voice username and password. These are the same credentials used to login to Star2Star’s Portal.
What can I send through StarMessenger?
SMS and MMS text messages, attachments up to 1 MB, weblinks, and emojis are all supported.
What happens if a long text message is sent, that goes over the character limit?
StarMessenger will break up a long text message into several smaller messages to accommodate larger character counts.
Can I send a message to any mobile number in the US?
Yes, you can send an SMS or MMS to any SMS/MMS-capable device that has a 10 digit U.S. phone number.
Can I send a message to mobile phones with international numbers?
StarMessenger supports sending only to 10-digit, U.S. phone numbers.
Can I install StarMessenger on multiple devices?
Yes, you can install StarMessenger on multiple supported devices.
Can I access my messages on other devices?
Yes, with the persistent message feature, your messages are maintained in the cloud, meaning that you can access them on any device with Sangoma’s StarMessenger app installed. You will be able to seamlessly pick up where you left off if you switch to a new computer or other device.
How do I add a Contact to Sangoma’s StarMessenger?
- The Mobile app uses your personal devices contact list. This helps ensure that the mobile text messaging app does not take up too much space on your device. You can add business contact to your Personal Device’s Contact list and then send and receive messages through your Sangoma’s StarMessenger mobile app using your Star2Star DID.
- The Desktop App also supports importing contacts from Google, Outlook, or a CSV file.
Are there prerequisites to using StarMessenger?
- Each Text Messaging user must be added as a User in Sangoma’s Business Voice Portal.
- Each Text Messaging user must be assigned one of the location’s Direct Inward Dialing (DID) numbers.
Note: The number assigned can be any number associated with the user’s location. StarMessenger”s use of the number is a totally separate function from the VoIP use of the number and therefore the voice operation of the number will be unaffected by text messaging use..
How do I purchase StarMessenger?
- StarMessenger Standard is included in the Professional user bundle at no extra cost. This edition includes 1000 outbound SMS and unlimited inbound SMS per month.
- StarMessenger Ultimate is available in the Collaboration, Customer Service, and Contact Center user bundles or it can be purchased as a standalone product. This edition includes unlimited inbound and outbound SMS, and 150 combined inbound/outbound MMS messages per month
Additional details can be found here: Sangoma's Terms and Conditions
Can I add StarMessenger to existing Business Voice users?
Yes, our StarMessenger Ultimate product is available as an add-on item for all locations.
How is StarMessenger licensed?
StarMessenger is licensed per user. Once the user is assigned a license they can use either our Desktop or Mobile apps. To learn more, review our StarMessenger User License Configuration Guide.
How do I assign a license to a user?
To assign a license to a user the location, customer admin can assign licenses to users via Sangoma’s Business Voice portal. To learn more, review our StarMessenger User License Configuration Guide.