What is Text Messaging?
Text Messaging is Star2Star’s SMS/MMS mobile application that allows users to communicate via text messages to other phone numbers of customers or business contacts.
Why do I need Text Messaging?
Text Messaging allows you to send and receive text messages using your business number. Even though you might be sending a message using your personal mobile device the app is using your assigned business phone number. Your customers will see the message coming from your business number instead of your personal number.
How does Text Messaging Work?
Users must download the desktop application onto their Windows or Apple PC using the Star2Star Portal or download the mobile application onto their mobile device using the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Text Messaging supports two-way texting, including attachments and hyperlinks, persistent message history, and leverages intuitive controls for managing message settings.
Which operating systems are supported?
Star2Star Text Messaging supports Windows, Apple (iOS), and Android.
Which devices are supported by the Text Messaging App?
Text Messaging can be used on both Windows and Apple PCs along with Mobile devices.
How do I get the Mobile app
- Android: Access Google Play and search for Star2Star Text Messaging.
- Apple: Access the App Store and search for Star2Star Text Messaging.
How do I get the Desktop app.
You can download the MAC or Windows Desktop apps by accessing Individual Phone Setting within the Star2Star Portal.
How do I login to Text Messaging?
After downloading the application, you can login with your Star2Star username and password. These are the same credentials used to login to Star2Star’s Portal.
What can I send through Text Messaging?
SMS and MMS text messages, attachments up to 3.65 MB, weblinks, and emojis are all supported.
What happens if a long text message is sent, that goes over the character limit?
Text Messaging will break up a long text message into several smaller messages to accommodate larger character counts.
Can I send a message to any mobile number in the US?
Yes, Text Messaging can send an SMS or MMS to any SMS/MMS-capable device that has a 10 digit U.S. phone number.
Can I send a message to mobile phones with international numbers?
Text Messaging supports sending only to 10-digit, U.S. phone numbers.
Can I install Text Messaging on multiple devices?
Yes, you can install Text Messaging on multiple supported devices.
Can I access my messages on other devices?
Yes, with the persistent message feature, your messages are maintained in the cloud, meaning that you can access them on any device with Star2Star’s Text Messaging installed. You will be able to seamlessly pick up where you left off if you switch to a new computer or other device.
How do I add a Contact to Star2Star Text Messaging?
- The Mobile app uses your personal devices contact list. This helps ensure that Mobile Text Messaging does not take up too much space on your device. You can add business contact to your Personal Device’s Contact list and then send and receive messages through your Star2Star Text Messaging mobile app using your Star2Star DID.
- The Desktop App also supports importing contacts from Google, Outlook, or a CSV file.
Are there prerequisites to using Text Messaging?
- Each Text Messaging user must be added as a User in the Star2Star Portal.
- Each Text Messaging user must be assigned one of the location’s Direct Inward Dialing (DID) numbers.
Note: The number assigned can be any number associated with the user’s location. The Text Messaging use of the number is a totally separate function from the VoIP use of the number and therefore the voice operation of the number will be unaffected by text messaging use..
How do I purchase Text Messenger?
- Text Messaging Standard is included in the Star2Star Professional user bundle at no extra cost. This edition includes 300 outbound SMS, unlimited inbound SMS, and 30 combined inbound/outbound MMS messages per month.
- Text Messaging Ultimate is available in the Star2Star Collaboration, Customer Service, and Contact Center user bundles or it can be purchased as a standalone product. This edition includes 1,500 outbound SMS, unlimited inbound SMS, and 30 combined inbound/outbound MMS messages per month.
Can I add Text Messaging for existing Star2Star users?
Yes, our Text Messaging Ultimate product is available as an add-on item for all Star2Star locations.
How is Text Messaging licensed?
Text Messaging is licensed per user. Once the user is assigned a license they can use either our Desktop or Mobile apps. To learn more, review our Text Messaging User License Configuration Guide.
How do I assign a license to a user?
To assign a license to a user the location, customer admin can assign licenses to users via the Star2Star portal. To learn more, review our Text Messaging User License Configuration Guide.